As I write this the rain is coming down so hard it is drowning out all sound and thought. The air smells of earth and wet. It’s been raining for the past two days. Grey skies, clouds piled on top of one another bruised purple at the edges. Heavy rain, coming straight down, turning gutters into running rivers and parks into ponds. It’s still warm though, humid and languid, just the slightest hint of a cool breeze in the evening. The best kind of weather for baking, for reading, for cuddling in bed with your family, for after dinner snacks, for early nights, for splashing in puddles.
– “Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.” Some chilling pics…
– I wanna eat these for breakfast. RIGHT. NOW.
– One bowl or many bowls, give me tiramisu any day of the week
– Who doesn’t love dumplings?!
– I know I’ve already got one brekky roll on this list, but who can resist black sesame combined with goats milk
– Such colour. Much pretty.
– The enigmatic and wonderful Frida Kahlo, in black & white